Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Travel

See our first wedding post here


St. Bede Chapel is located at 10 Harrison Avenue, Williamsburg, VA.  The Reception will be at the William and Mary Alumni House located at 500 Richmond Road, Williamsburg, VA.  The two building are next door to each other.

Driving Directions to St. Bede Chapel

(From the North)
Take I-95 Southbound to Exit 84A (I-295 S).  Take I-295 S until Exit 28A (I-64 E).  Take I-64 E until Exit 238 (VA-143).  Make a slight right onto VA-143 E (Merrimac Trail).  Turn Right onto VA-132 S.  Turn right onto Lafayette St.  Make a left onto Harrison Avenue.  The Chapel will be across the intersection with Richmond Road.

(From the South)
Take I-95 Northbound until Exit 46 (I-295 N).  Take I-295 N until Exit 28A (I-64 E).  Take I-64 E until Exit 238 (VA-143).  Make a slight right onto VA-143 E (Merrimac Trail).  Turn Right onto VA-132 S.  Turn right onto Lafayette St.  Make a left onto Harrison Avenue.  The Chapel will be across the intersection with Richmond Road.

(From the West)
Take I-64 E until Exit 238 (VA-143).  Make a slight right onto VA-143 E (Merrimac Trail).  Turn Right onto VA-132 S.  Turn right onto Lafayette St.  Make a left onto Harrison Avenue.  The Chapel will be across the intersection with Richmond Road.

Alternate Roads

US-1: This roughly mirrors I-95 from Washington, DC through Richmond.  While the speed limit is lower and the road has stoplights, it’s a viable alternative to I-95.

US-60: This mirrors I-64 from Richmond through Williamsburg.  It’s a good alternative if I-64 is congested.  The road has a country driving experience and generally allows for decent travel speeds.

US-301: The road runs from Delaware to Richmond.  It can be used as an alternative to I-95.  If taken from Delaware, one travels down the DelMarVa peninsula and across the Chesapeake Bay Bridge.  The tolls are lower than on I-95.  The road can also be accessed from I-495 outside Washington, DC and eventually leads to I-295.  The route is slower, but scenic.  From Delaware, add about an hour to travel time.  From DC, add 40 minutes to travel time.

Train/Plane

Beyond the great American Road trip, our guests may be interested in the following options:

Williamsburg Amtrak Station: The station is about ½ mile from the Church.  The Northeast Region line services the station.  Taxi service is available at the station.

Richmond International Airport: The airport services a number of airlines and is approximately an hour drive to the Church.

Newport News International Airport: The airport is smaller than Richmond, but is a thirty minute drive to the Church.



Note: Open up the map below to get directions and estimate travel times from your location!



View Laura and Paul's Wedding 5-19-2012 in a larger map

1 comment: