Sunday, January 11, 2009

Wings

It hit me, as we were singing the Gloria during Mass this morning - a week from today, I will be attending Mass in Guatemala. It is a beautiful and frightening thought: I am finally about to embark on the next leg of life's journey. I am striving to be ready, with an open heart and mind.

Thank you all for your efforts to keep in touch and get together over break - I can't tell you how much it means to me. The past three weeks have been some of the happiest and hardest I can remember.

For those of you not familiar with the blog title, comes from (the film) Little Women. I have thought often of Jo's character over the past month. While she had so much love for her family and home, she felt the need to leave everything comfortable and familiar; if you will, she answered God's call, and went to New York as a governess. As she explained it to Marmee (the book):
"I want something new; I feel restless, and anxious to be seeing, doing, and learning more than I am. I brood too much over my own small affairs, and need stirring up, so, as I can be spared this winter, I'd like to hop a little way, and try my wings."

1 comment:

  1. Hi! Looks like blogger ate my comment (unless they are screened?) Anyway, I hope you are having a good time!

    ReplyDelete