Monday, March 23, 2009

Cuaresma

Happy Monday, everyone. It's another sunny morning here in Antigua and though I'm tired, Lipton Yellow Label Tea and I are good friends. The weekend was really relaxing. I got a little work done, but mostly read, slept, ate, and wandered around Antigua. Like I've said before, Sundays during Lent are huge celebrations in Antigua. Processions, vendors, and a whole lot of people. I took some pictures yesterday and thought you all might enjoy them.




The procession moved all the way from Santa Ana, just outside Antigua (this is where I work with the after-school program), by Escuela de Cristo (the church near my park - see the photo March 10), then down to the cathedral in the Parque Central. If you were wondering, they are cleaning the church in preparation for Easter.

We head to Peten this Friday - I'm pretty excited. We're visiting Tikal, Aguateca, and Quirigua. I'll try and update you early next week once we're back.

1 comment:

  1. Woah. Looks like a party!! Easter is going to be HUGE.

    Have an amazing trip to Peten (especially Tikal) tomorrow! Take millions of pictures. :D

    ReplyDelete